Why do I practice estate planning and elder law?
I advise my clients on estate planning, probate and estate administration, probate and estate litigation, and civil appeals. I have been licensed to practice law in Texas since 1992, and I have extensive trial and appellate experience. I have also litigated matters involving guardianships, trusts, will contests, heirship disputes, and real estate divisions in probate. I am also a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Additional practice areas of mine are litigation and appeals involving commercial disputes and intellectual property.
What makes my law firm particularly suited to help you resolve your estate planning and elder law matters?
- Extensive Experience Handling Estate Planning & Elder Law Cases
- Rated 10.0 out of 10.0 on AVVO
- Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer in 2009 through to 2016
- Committed to putting our clients’ needs first
- Dedicated Estate Planning & Elder Law Practice focused on helping clients in their hour of need
My law firm has handled cases in the following areas:
- Estate Planning
- Asset Protection
- Incapacity Planning
- Estate & Probate Administrators
- Long-Term Care & Medicaid Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Firearm Trusts
- Medicaid crisis planning
- Charitable planning
- Estate tax planning
- Business and corporate planning
- Business succession and sales
How will you be treated by me?
People generally do not use an estate plan until something catastrophic happens: a fatal accident, an incapacity or death. Family members are often left with no clear direction, no legal authority to make decisions, no legal right to property, heavy debt or estate taxes. It is important that you have an effective estate plan in place, because the consequences can be costly. In my firm, estate planning is the only thing we do. We listen, we explain, and we answer every question. Only then do we offer our advice.
The attorneys at our office are knowledgeable and friendly, and the estate plan we create for you will be specifically prepared and personalized to meet your needs and reflect your wishes. We take the time to get a comprehensive understanding of your situation so that we can develop a strategy that addresses your individual problems. We present you with available options and straightforward advice that allows you to decide what is best for you and your family.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austin Bar Association, Civil Appellate Section - Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas - Member
- State Bar of Texas, Appellate Section - Member
- State Bar of Texas Women in the Profession Committee - Chair